In today’s fast paced environment with information flowing from many different sources and formats it is easy to miss something important that might affect you. We’ve summarised a number of important announcements to ensure that you are informed about the matters that may affect you.
5% Price Increase on Most New Subscription Beginning March 23, 2021
Autodesk is constantly working to deliver customers the most powerful, industry-leading software at fair prices. In order to maintain this level of value, Autodesk occasionally needs to adjust suggested retail prices.
- Beginning March 23, Autodesk are increasing prices on new product subscriptions by approximately 5%
- This change will affect new subscription purchases for most products
- This change will not affect existing subscription renewals
Autodesk Extends 2:1 Multi-User Trade-In Eligibility to Future Renewals
Autodesk are making changes to provide customers more flexibility to successfully transition to named user and experience the benefits. Starting February 25, 2021:
- All customers with applicable products will be eligible to take advantage of the 2:1 multi-user trade-in at their first and any future renewals that occur after August 7, 2020
- The multi-user trade-in offer price will increase by 5% on May 7, 2021
- The last day to take advantage of the multi-user trade-in offer will be August 6, 2023
Changes to BIM
On February 9th, Autodesk launched 4 new offerings: Autodesk Docs, Autodesk BIM Collaborate, Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro (the next evolution of BIM 360 Design), and Autodesk Build.
- Autodesk Docs will be added to the AEC Collection, and will NOT be available as a standalone offering at this time
- Autodesk BIM Collaborate and Autodesk BIM Collaborate Pro are able to be ordered separately
- BIM 360 Design has been renamed to “BIM Collaborate Pro”
2 year Term length subscriptions to be discontinued
Autodesk will be simplifying the term-length options for renewing subscriptions. Beginning April 7, 2021, 2-year term lengths will no longer be available.