INTRODUCING DIGITAL SOFTWARE KEYS & NEW AUTOMATIC PIPE EXTRACTION SETTINGS!
Our partners at ClearEdge 3D are excited to introduce EdgeWise software licensing, offering you faster, more convenient access to the software. EdgeWise 5.5 also features new automatic pipe extraction settings that give you the freedom to fine-tune the extraction workflow, so it best suits your data and project needs.
NEW FEATURES & FUNCTIONALITIES
EdgeWise dongles can be inconvenient at times, so you’ll have the option to transition to digital keys to get faster access to the software. The new system is more convenient – no more shipping dongles around, no more worries about damage or loss.
NEW AUTOMATIC PIPE EXTRACTION SETTINGS
Get more control over your automatic pipe extraction results with EdgeWise’s new extraction modes:
- “Maximize Number of Extractions”: This new setting is tailor made to help you extract more pipes when using scan data from scanners like the GTL-1000 or BLK360!
- “Minimize False Positives”: EdgeWise’s default pipe extraction setting that balances minimizing the number of false positives with representing as much of the pipe model as possible.
COMPLETE RELEASE NOTES
- Added Support for Standalone and Network Software Licensing
- Support for legacy hardware licensing has NOT been removed at this time
- Added Licensing Utility, located in EdgeWise’s install directory for easy license activation
- Improved error messaging for software licensing and legacy hardware licensing
- Added new Extraction Mode setting to the Piping section of Process Scans Options
- Added Minimize False Positives Extraction Mode (default)
- This is the ‘classic’ EdgeWise pipe extraction setting.
- This setting attempts to extract as many pipes as possible while keeping false positives to a minimum.
- Added Maximize Number of Extractions Extraction Mode
- This new option tries to increase the number of pipes extracted during process scans, potentially at the expense of creating more false positives.
- Fixed bug in the Revit Plug-in where ducts are placed incorrectly when imported into a project where the project basepoint is rotated away from true north.
- Removed the Minimum number of points to detect a pipe option from the Piping section of Process Scans Options.
- Removed the Distance tolerance option from the Piping section of Process Scans Options.
- Removed license restrictions from Plant3D and Revit import plug-ins: those plug-ins can now be run on computers without EdgeWise licenses. Plant3D and Revit plug-in licenses are still required to generate their respective export files in EdgeWise